Girija Vaidyanathan Family, Wedding Pics | Age, Biography, Height, Wiki, Scandal, Husband, Daughter, Son
Girija Vaidyanathan is the Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu Government. She became the 45th Chief Secretary of the state and also the fourth woman to get to that post after Lakshmi Pranesh, S Malathi and Sheela Balakrishnan, and third in the AIADMK regimes so far. Check out below for Girija Vaidyanathan Wiki, Biography, Age, Family, Husband, Images, and More.
Girija Vaidyanathan Profile and Career
Girija Vaidyanathan was born and brought up in Nagercoil, Tamil Nadu. She is the daughter of S Venkitaramanan, who was the Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) from 1990 to 1992. He was considered as one of the clearest thinking economists that India has ever seen. Girija Vaidyanathan was highly educated and has always been a bright student throughout her career.
After completing B. Sc. Honors in Physics, she did PhD in health economics from IIT- Madras. Her father Venkitaramanan suggested her to go for Civil Services. Girija joined the civil services in the year 1981 and cracked UPSC Civil Services with good rank. She got IAS with her home state as cadre and has worked as the sub-collector in the year 1983.
Ever since becoming an IAS, she has always been quite popular in Tamil Nadu and adjoining states because of her good work. She is among very few officers in the state who are admired by both DMK and AIADMK politicians. She has also worked in various departments such as administration, education, finance, power, environment, program implementation, and land development, urban development, industries, and many other departments in her 34 years of career.
Girija was the Mission Director of the State Health Society when Tamil Nadu won the award for the best performance among the non-empowered action group States. She was the principal secretary of the Health and Family Welfare Department in the Government of Tamil Nadu, and also served as Mission Director of National Rural Health Mission (NHRM).
She was appointed as Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu on 23 December 2016, replacing P Rama Mohana Rao whose residence and office was raided by the Income Tax department.
Girija Vaidyanathan is the brother in law of popular Tamil actor and BJP leader S. Ve. Shekhar, who was recently in news for sharing a post on Facebook with vulgar comments against women journalists.
Girija Vaidyanathan Biography
Name Girija Vaidyanathan
Real Name Girija Vaidyanathan
Profession IAS Government of Tamil Nadu
Date of Birth Yet to be Updated
Age Yet to be Updated
Zodiac sign Yet to be Updated
Father Name S. Venkitaraman
Mother Name Yet to be Updated
Educational Qualification B. Sc. Physics and Ph. D Health Economics
School Yet to be Updated
College Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, India
Hobbies Reading books
Hometown Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Husband Name Yet to be Updated
Current City Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Senior IAS officer Girija Vaidyanathan was appointed Chief Secretary of Tamil Nadu on Thursday, replacing P Rama Mohana Rao whose residence and office was raided by the Income Tax department on Wednesday. “Dr Girija Vaidyanathan IAS, Additional Chief Secretary/ Commissioner of Land Administration, is transferred and posted as Chief Secretary to Government, vice Dr P Ramamohana Rao,” a Public (Special A) Department order dated December 22 said.
Vaidyanathan shall also hold full additional charge of the post of Vigilance Commissioner and Commissioner for Administrative Reforms, previously held by Rao, it said.
But, who is Girija Vaidyanathan who will be the 45th Chief Secretary of the state?
1. A PhD holder from Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai, Girija Vaidyanathan is 1981 batch IAS officer. She started her career as a Sub-Collector in 1983 and is currently the Commissioner of Land Administration.
2. She was the principal secretary of the Health and Family Welfare Department in the Government of Tamil Nadu, Mission Director of National Rural Health Mission (NHRM) and has also worked in health, education, agriculture, transportation and state planning departments over her 34 year long career.
3. Though she has been closer to DMK, rather than AIADMK, she was the brain behind public health and education projects during Jayalalithaa’s first regime.
4. She was the Mission Director of the State Health Society when Tamil Nadu won the award for best performance among the non-empowered action group States.
5. Her father S Venkitaramanan, was the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) governor from 1990 to 1992.